Chris Michael Harris is more than a podcast host. In his own words, he is “just a man that found purpose at 25 years old with the courage to seize an opportunity to pursue my dreams as an entrepreneur…
I always had a desire to creatively think of ways I could generate income outside of the hours for pay model matched with a passion to help people achieve their wildest dreams and live a life of fulfillment.”
Chris had a wonderful introduction to our conversation and I’d like to share it with you before you listen in using the embedded player below:
Behaving differently and making positive changes first requires a fundamental shift in the way your brain itself functions…
One of the notions that truly drives me crazy is this idea that mental health has this symbiotic relationship with ‘weakness’…
As a man, this rings even more true.
When I tell people I practice NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) or partake in any form of “therapy,” it’s usually followed with a “everything okay, bro?” comment.
That’s like someone telling me they’re going to go to the gym and me asking the same questions…”you okay bro?”
We perceive physical improvement and augmenting our physique as such a desirable pursuit and yet our poor little brain is just left to be as it is.
And for an entrepreneur, it IS your #1 asset.
We’re constantly pursuing hacks and tricks to grow our businesses.
Seriously, go plug in “how to get more followers” on Google Trends and date it back from 2004 to Present…
There was a MASSIVE spike in 2013 and it’s still 25 times higher than it was when social media really burst onto the scenes.
Now, I’m not disputing the importance of building an audience, in fact, I talk about it often.
But if you want a TRUE hack…
If you’re seeking a REAL advantage over your perceived competition…
Fasten your seatbelt because I’m about to BLOW your mind (so that you can then rewire it).
What we discussed in this episode:
- How dis-ease can lead to disease, how our bodies react to our subconscious mindsets
- How to breakdown our own mental barriers and increase our confidence to improve our businesses
- EQ (Emotional Intelligence) how to enhance it by being aware of our internal conversations
- How EQ impacts our confidence and how confidence impacts our lives
- Our amygdala and how it repeats past self preventative actions/ coping mechanisms as you move forward in your life
- Spiritual Awakening- listening to your true inner self and your values to realign your life
- Your brain cannot hold two conflicting beliefs- the battle between the conscious and subconscious minds.
- How I use hypnotherapy to uncover deep-rooted beliefs that impact our lives
- The difference in traditional talk therapy and hypnotherapy and why tapping into our subconscious is so important
Listen to the episode here: